Information Services Home
Our goal is to provide you and your technology needs with the best service possible. In fact quality service is our highest goal. Our department strengthens our District’s educational mission by providing support in the following areas:
- Our network infrastructure
- Our classroom technology for teachers and students
- Our office and support technology
- Our communication and data services
- Our student information system
- Our District’s website and online services
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any technology question or need.
“We make IT work for you."
Information Services Support Team
I'm having problems with Aeries. How do I get help?
Ginny Creger is our Student Information System Supervisor and provides support for Aeries. Please reach out to her with any questions.
I noticed a few different wireless networks at our school. Which one should I use?
We have set up three primary wireless networks in our District. Each one has a particular use.
- EWCSD is our primary wireless network. This network supports District-issued computers only and provides access to our network resources such as printers and network storage.
- EWCSD_GST is our guest wireless network. This network supports computers not issued by the District and only provides Internet access.
- EWCSD_MOB is our mobile wireless network. This network supports our Chromebooks for classroom use and especially SBAC testing.
Please email [email protected] for more information about our wireless networks.
What should I do if I suspect my computer is infected with a virus?
A virus on your computer can potentially infect our network and cause catastrophic damage. If you suspect a virus has infected your computer, please to the following:
- Immediately power down your computer
- On another computer, submit a Tech Support Request at: www.ewcsd.org/techsupport/
Can I borrow a spare laptop when I send my laptop into the Tech Department for servicing?
When you submit your Tech Support Request, please do not hesitate to ask if a loaner laptop is available. Our technicians will check our department's stock and let you know if anything is available.
What should I do if someone wants to donate a computer to my school or classroom?
Because our classroom technology is now standardized for both security and ease of service, we are not accepting donated computers.
Can I use my Netflix account in class to stream documentaries for edcuational purposes?
Unfortunately, Netflix does not allow public streaming of any content. Doing so is a violation of the Netflix End User’s License Agreement. In the “Limitations On Use” section, the Agreement states:
"The Netflix service, and any content viewed through our service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only."
Also, the Netflix Software License Agreement states:
"The Software is only for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for use in the operation of a business or service bureau, for profit or for the benefit of any other person or entity."
In addition, both our Board pollcy and the Technology Use Policy (signed by every employee) prohibits the use of Netflix due to copyright issues and the intense bandwidth used by this streaming service.