Student Services Home
Student Services during Distance Learning
No one could have fathomed that we’d be where we are today. Student Services recognizes the challenges that come with starting this school year through distance learning as families create new routines and students find the skills and motivation to persevere in this digital platform. The practical realities of the current crisis are ever-changing and we are doing our best to adapt our services and procedures in a safe and responsive manner.
In response to these new challenges, Student Services has done the following:
- Updated the Aeries Online Enrollment process to allow for the uploading of the required registration paperwork (residency verification documents, proof of age, and immunization) for NEW registrations.
- Created an enrollment hub to facilitate enrollment and permit application process www.ewcsd.org/enrollhub/ for details regarding the current enrollment process.
- Created an easily accessible linktree so parents can access the enrollment website through Instagram @ewcsdstudentservices.
- Launched a Counseling Support Website to provide students, staff, and parents with much-needed wellness information. Click here to access the website.
- Each school counselor has created an Instagram account to provide information and resources to support students and families as we transition to distance learning and cope with the challenges of social distancing. Please visit the Student Services Instagram account @ewcsdstudentservices for the post that includes each account name.
- Coordination with community-based agencies to provide basic needs to identified District families. Teachers and counselors can contact our Families-in-Transition program at email@example.com with requests.
- Launched a Health Services Support Website to provide students, staff, and parents with information and resources related to school health. Click here to access the website.
The services described above are based on information that we have now and could be subject to change depending on government guidance. No matter where you are, you are a part of the EWCSD family. We can meet these challenges together.
Student Services provides assistance to students, staff, and parents to maximize engagement, student achievement, and conditions of learning.
Student Services includes:
- Abolish Chronic Truancy (ACT)
- School Attendance Review Team (SART)
- School Attendance Review Board (SARB)
- Bullying Prevention
- Counseling Services
- Families in Transition (Homeless/Foster Youth) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Services
- Home Teaching - (562) 907-5931
- Independent Study
- PBIS Coordination
- Permits - email@example.com
- Student Discipline
- Student Records Office - (562) 907-5978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can leave a message for the Student Services department at (562) 907-5931.